TABS

Thursday, October 2, 2014

This to That 4: Polka dot dress!

HI there! I know it's not a Halloween related post in October, but I just wanted to get this out before everything I post about is HALLOWEEN! :D And yes I'm all up in your face when I say Halloween like a crazy person.

I made this This to That back in uhhh July I want to say. But I'm not 100% sure on that. I actually made this Maxi dress the day before Lex's Kindergarten graduation. I wanted a new dress and decided the day before I was going to make it lol.

I bought the material fooooreeever ago at Jo-Ann's. It's a nice knit and its cotton. I got it in the red tag area they have and got 2 yards at $7 a yard. At the time it was the most I ever paid for material. I'm just a super cheap person. And that sounds terrible but it's true. Unless it's something that I just can't pass up or we absolutely have to have it I will put it back until I can get it at a later date for a cheaper price.

When I first made the dress I really wanted a maxi dress. I saw them everywhere. On blogs, in stores. Everyone was getting ready for Spring/ summer. So I searched and read 50 million different ways to make a maxi dress. When I finally decided  how I was going to make it. I took one of A.m's old shirts and made a mock up for the top. Because I didn't want it to be in one piece, those types of dresses usually sit and hug on me in bad places. I made the top so it would fit my bust just right and then have a gather right under there so it would hide my belly. I thought it turned out quite well. I liked it..... for the most part. I hated the arm holes cause they stuck out all weird but looked fine with a little sweater.

BUT IT WAS HOT. I didn't know a dress could be so HOT! I was sweating in it when it still had a nice chill to the air. Not freezing but cold enough for long sleeves. I was also really nervous that night too. So that might of added to the extra sweaty-ness.  hahaha

I doubled up on the front part of the top where my bust is so I didn't have to wear any under shirts, cami's  or anything like that. I didn't know it was going to be so thick. You're probably thinking  "wouldn't you know that from sewing with it?". Well, you would think I would but I didn't do a skin showing test or anything like that. 'Cause I'm brilliant! Duh! I kind of kick my self for that but it's okay it's done and over with.

Well I love it even more now! I added sleeves and made it shorter. I'm just in love with it! It's so comfortable! The tops still a little warm but I can wear it in fall (even though its fall now the temperature out side doesn't agree) and winter with some leggings and boots. I think it will be cute. I hope it will be. hahahahaha

I also plan to use this for my Halloween costume. Which I won't give away just yet because I might do some DIY tutorials for it. Not yet sure on that though or not. :)

I'll show you some pictures now instead of blabbering on about it.



 I wish I would of known  that the  back seam was off that bad So I could of  moved it. It's like that in all my pictures. And it's not because I sewed it crooked or anything. It just catches on my large behind. lol
 You can kind of see it here how the arm area stick out kind of wonky and pointy. I drove me nuts.
 This is just me measuring it out see how short I wanted it.
 Now you all know I'm short. HAHAHA. Yeah I'm no amazon woman lol
 Yeah I'm cool lol!

See there it is again all messed up. Ticks me off lol. ALso sorry the Lighting is so bad in all these  pictures.




Well that 's all I have for that. I hope you enjoyed it! I love it! Though i'm thinking about shorting it just a tad more.. Not sure? What do you think? Yay? or nah?
Let me know!


Have a wonderful day!


Oh wait! Before you go!
I have a new video up would you like to see it? See it Here Or search You Tube for Sew Crazy About Crafting.
Or watch it right here!If you like my Haul video don't for get to Thumbs up and Subscribe!


Okay, now you can have a wonderful day!



I will be posting to most of these Link Parties.


4 comments:

  1. Wow ..wish I can sew a dress .. that is so awesome ash .. now I'm thinking of trying. .i love the fabric. .well congratulations to another success in your project. .love ya ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It wasn't that hard really lol If any thing you can find a really good pattern just about anywhere! If make one don't forget to show me!
      Love ya too!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't even know how to use a pattern! Wish I would have taken sewing class in high school like my sister did:( Thanks for sharing with us at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe :( All I took was home economics in like 6th grade and all we were taught was how to sew a pig flat stuffed animal. Lol I learned from here and there and everywhere. Just went at it a little at it at a time eventually got here.Which I'm still not up to par on a lot of things.

      So glad you liked my post and dress! Thanks for hosting!
      Have a wonderful day!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...