TABS

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Really,Really Late Recipe Tuesday!

So sorry its so late Guys! But I've been pretty busy. We went trick-or-treating Tuesday and Wednesday! So much fun! I'll make another post with those pictures.Also I won't be having  a Crafty Friday this week Sorry. :-(  Next week for sure! Even if it is late.
Maybe I should stop calling Them Recipe Tuesday and Crafty Friday since they hardly ever end up on that day..... Oh well. :-)

Sorry if the pictures are blurry, Lex took some of the pictures for me.

This recipe really doesn't have a name 'cause it's something I made up. But I guess I do call it Pineapple chicken.
I like it. It has a sweet tangy taste to it I guess you could say. Sweetness from the pineapples and tangyness from the chilly powder and the peppers. Nice combo I think.

Try it out let me know How you like it!
                                                   
    
NOW ON TO THE RECIPE!

Pineapple Chicken!
What you'll need:
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 orange pepper
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 1 onion 
  • 1 can of chopped or crushed pineapple, Juice drained and reserved  (which ever you prefer or have on hand. If you want more juice/sauce I do recommend getting the chopped kind. Crushed seems to have less juice.)
  • 1 pack of chicken chop into chunks. ( Breast or tenders or thighs. Doesn't matter. But I've never tried the thighs with this recipe.)
  • chilly powder
  • salt



So I would recommend chopping everything first. I had just a small chopping board that was clean, and I try to limit the amount of dishes I use when I cook so I didn't get an extra bowl or plate out to hold the veggies while I cut everything. So I just cut and cooked as I went.

















 








I use Pam canola spray.





After your pan is heated.  Add the onions and peppers. Cook these how ever you like. I like to cook them down 'til they are no longer "squeaky" :-) or the onions are translucent, with a hint of browning.


 Add your chicken and pineapples.
On top of the chicken add the chilly powder,and salt.
 I like a good helping of chilly powder. With just a little salt. You can always add more salt later.

 



Cook chicken one minute each side then add the pineapple juice.


Cook until chicken is done. Should have a nice caramel color too it. But don't cook it down to much if you want to used the juice as a sauce.( I didn't take a picture of this.)

After its all done I take all the veggie's and chicken out of the pan, not dumping but scooping it out. Then I add my cooked rice and stir around until  its nice and coated with the sauces.
( or this, Sorry)


Serve and enjoy!


HAVE A GREAT DAY!

2 comments:

  1. that looks so good and i love cooking with pineapple , so i might put that on my menu for my lunch since my hubby doesnt like peppers and i love peppers... thanks for sharing and taking the time to put this all together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Let me know how it turns out and if you like it or not.
      And no prob. I'm probably going to have to slow down on the recipe's 'cause I'm running out of good one's. I have more, But they are simple. ... I don't know.
      Anyway, thanks again!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...