TABS

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fabric Pumpkins

So, today I have some fabric pumpkins with out the stuffing! :) My Mom had bought me a whole bunch of Halloween things on sale at Michael's last year after Halloween was over. Some of the items she bought me were these papier maché pumpkins. I waited and waited and waited to use these, not really knowing what I was going to be doing with them.

Since she had bought me 4 and I knew I wanted to devote 2 of them for Halloween and 2 of them I could use for my Thanksgiving and Halloween Decorations. In this tutorial, however, I only used the one. Its pretty easy and fun! The only down side is I don't have the greatest of pictures to go with it. I want to stage it up  the photos with the rest of my decorations and what not but the fact is I got lazy.

Super,super,super lazy....

Well then I'll just show you what I have and you can use your imagination to make them pretty! :)

What you'll need:

  • Papier Maché Pumpkins
  • Holiday Fabric of your choice
  •  Mod Podge ( I used I the gloss kind because that's what I had on hand but you can use the matte one)
  • scissors
  • push pins
  • Orange and black paint


So, first things first, if you don't have orange paint then make some!

 Paint your pumpkin in two coats. Let it dry in between coats.
 Wet!
Dry!

 Once dry take your Mod Podge  and paint your pumpkin.


 Then Quickly place your fabric on your pumpkin. I found out that it was easier to form my fabric on to the pumpkin as I went.Also, roll it in a tub like shape working with the sides first. ( not shown here.)
 Cut off the extra on the bottom and placed it folded over. Try to make it nice and flat as you can. Add extra Mod Podge where it's needed to help lay down the seams.
For the top I cut about an inch or so extra and the folded over the edge and then gathered it around the stem. Before I  placed the push pins I added extra Mod Podge to the fabric that was going to be placed against the pumpkin.  I added the push pins to help push down that parts that kept popping up.
  Once it was dry enough to touch I decided I didn't like the orange stem so I painted it black. I like it much better now! I was very careful not to get it on my material since I did it after I Mod Podged everything.
 This is the bottom once it was completely dry. Since I sat it on paper I was scared the paper would stick to it, but I didn't have any problems. I also didn't sit it on there when it was soaking wet with the glue either. I waited until it had dried just a bit.
 Top with out the pins!
 This is how I did he seam for the side. I just folded over and glued in place.






Well, That's it. Quick-- well, minus the dry time-- simple , and easy.  My favorite kind of projects!

Hope you enjoyed this. If you have a questions, I don't mind answering them! So ask away!!


Have a wonderful day!



I will be linking to most of theses Link Parties!

And here!
Made in a Day

4 comments:

  1. Your fabric pumpkins are great.


    I am stopping by from the Halloween Spooktacular Link Party, what fun, where I am linked up too with my Free Ghost Cut File and my Free Pintable - Say Boo Scare On project.

    Hugs,
    Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your ghost card so cute!

      Thank you for stopping by!
      Have a wonderful day!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete
  2. Love this! So talented:) Thank you for linking this with us at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party! Hope you'll have the time to join us again this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I get something new up I definitely will!
      Have a wonderful day!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...