TABS

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Apple Butter Recipe

MMMMMM Apple butter. 

I have been making apple butter like  all the apples in the world are disappearing and I only have a limited time to make it and eat it.
HAHAHA

Okay, not to that extent but pretty close to it. I've made apple butter three times since the beginning of Fall. That's three time as much as I have made it in the past! :) It's soooooooooo good I just can't help myself! 

You would think I would make one big batch and save it and can it and freeze it and all that good stuff but I don't. I make one jar at a time.  One ,over flowing, 12 ounce jar full.  

That's what I'm going to tell you how to make today. One over flowing 12 ounce  jar  for you and you alone..... Okay, you can share I suppose. But ,don't say I didn't warn you it will be all gone by your loved ones and they'll be begging for more!

 You could  double it sure and share it that way but this is just how I do it. And because I only have one Mason jar with a lid...

 Moving on!

I wanted to share this while it was still technically Fall. Even though it feels like late December early January here. And I live in the South. It's freaking cold! I love it! 

ON TO THE SHOW!

What you'll need:

  • Slow cooker or Crock pot. ( With it high and low settings)
  • 1 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon  Ground Cloves ( I actually use  just a little bit less then that, like half of a 1/4 teaspoon, because I'm not a huge fan of the cloves taste. Just enough for that umf)
  • 3 pounds apples peeled,cored, and diced ( prefer Gala apples. If you want more of a tart apple butter use a mix of green and red apples)

Prep time: 10-30 minutes  Cook time: 7-8 hours
( I depends on how long you take to peel all those apples :D )

Directions:
Turn Slow cooker or Crock Pot on HIGH to get it warmed up.
 
In a bowl mix together sugar,cinnamon, ground cloves, salt. Set aside.

Wash, peel, core and dice apples.

 Place in Crock Pot that has already been preheated  on the HIGH settings. Then add your sugar mixture and coat the apples well by stirring it together.

Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 Hour.

After 1 hour put temp to LOW and continue to cook for 6-7 hours while covered.
 
Remove lid the last hour of cooking and leave Crock Pot on LOW.

You want a nice dark caramel color. that's when  you know it's done. Not light, dark.

Mash the apple that didn't cook down completely. So you have nice smooth like texture. 

 Let cool completely --once done I always put some on a slice of toast while it's still warm for nice snack :D -- then put away .






These are the apples I used.


 Mix ingredients together.


 This is what your sugar mixture should look like once it's combined really well.


 Place in preheated Crock Pot. Be careful the sides are hot.
I may or may not have burned my arm this last time I made some. lol



 Once it is all mixed together and the apples are nice and coated.


After 6-7 hours I mashed the apples up once it was completed cooking. You want a nice brown color. Almost caramel color but just darker, but not by much.

I don't have a picture of me using my hand mixer but this is the one I use to get it to a nice smooth buttery texture. LOVE THIS THING! ( Thanks GMOM)

Sorry this picture isn't the best. It was the one I posted on my Instagram.
 Now make you a nice bacon, apple butter and toast sandwich.even add some fried eggs.
 YUM! SO GOOD!

Hey don't knock it until you try it!


 When I made this batch I split it with my Mom and Dad. That's why half was already gone. :D



I hope you guys liked this!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel ( Sew Crazy About Crafting)

As always,

Have a wonderful day!

P.S I will be posting to most of the Link Parties!


6 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy. .. i want to try this one of this days. .. thanks for sharing. ..love ya ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know how you like it when you do! Love ya too!

      Delete
  2. That is the best freaking applebutter ever - Uncle You Know Who

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you really liked it! I do still want my Jar back though Lmao!
      love, Ashleigh

      Delete
  3. Made the apple butter -- absolutely best recipe ever -- hey everyone out there you really need to try this one --yum yum and more yum -- love g-mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOOOOO Glad you Liked it! I Haven't made any in a while lol.
      Love,
      Ashleigh

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...