TABS

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DIY: Snow Scene Ornaments

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was unusual but lots of fun!

Today, however, I have a new DIY for Christmas. I've been mulling this awesome ornament over in my head allllllllllll year. Just waiting until the right moment --and supplies-- to be able to make it.And! ANd ! AND! It came out just like I wanted it to!  I LOVE when thing happen like that. DON'T YOU!

So you know I'm really not meaning to yell at you I'm just super EXCITED! 

Just saying.

Anywhoodle, this is a super quick, simple, and  CUTE ornament! I hope you all like it as much as I do I even have a video to go along with it. Hmmmm....Imagine that!

Later on, I will have one more ornament to go along with your new DIY Christmas ornament collection and it will have a free pattern to go with it. But that's next week. So check back for that!


ON TO THE SHOW!
This  is the ornament I made in the Video.



What you'll need:



  •  Bottle brush trees. Mine were about 1 1/2 inches tall. ( The how to for the tree are in the video. I will be using the snowman and candy canes I made from polymer clay in this tutorial.)
  • Clear Plastic Ornaments.
  • Small Candy Cane and snowman that will fit in the neck of your ornament
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
  •  Fake Snow. NOT the one in the can. I used fine powdered kind from Hobby Lobby.


 This is the Snow I used.
 These are the clear ornments from Michaels that I used.
And the snowman I made from polymer clay.
 Get a good dollop of  hot glue in the bottom of your ornament.
Place your Snow man  with your tweezers in the bottom as best as you can in the hot glue. Harder then it sounds.
 Do the same with the candy canes.

 These christmas lights I got from my mother-in-law (Mae) and are actually meant for scrap booking. But I had so many I wanted to try to achieve the look I was going for.
 I put just a little bit of got glue on the end of the strand and then put it down in the ornament at an angle until it touch the side of it. Once it cooled just a tad I used my finger to push it to the side of the ornament. So it would get a good hold on the side.
 Do the same to the other end and side.
 Scoop up your snow into the ornament.  And fill until you're happy with the look of it.
THAT'S IT! 
I really Like how it turned out but I really like the mini tree one better. Still super cute though :)



See just Cuteness!

I hope you liked this and will keep a look out for my next ornament!

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those are adorable! Stopping by from the Teach me Tuesday link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Have a wonderful day!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete
  2. You brought the winter wonderland to your tree - these are absolutely terrific -- how creative -- love g-mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you G-mom! It always makes me smile to hear from you!
      Love,
      Ashleigh

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...