TABS

Monday, June 9, 2014

Free Pattern and Tutorial: Emma Leggings

Hello! Wow its been a while for me but life has been happening around here. :) So today I got were I was feeling better and thought I had better get this done before I don't remember how I did it hahaha :)





Yes, you read right FREE PATTERN. I Sized it 18 months as that is what she was currently wearing when I made this pattern. I used Google Doc ( since I don't know how to use anything else :p  ) So please let me know if you have  problem opening it. I would like to know how to fix it so everyone can use it :)


What you'll Need:


  • PDF Pattern. (Cut out, taped or glued together, and ready to  use.)
  • Scissors  or rotary cutter and mat
  • Jersey knit Half yard ( Or more if you size the pattern larger)
  • Sewing machine
  • Pins
  • Elastic
  • Matching thread
Emma Leggings PDF Top

Emma Leggings PDF Bottom

There is a Top and bottom to this pattern because it comes in two pieces. You will line up and glue or tape the pattern together. It's pretty easy, but If you need me to up load pictures on  how to please let me know :)



After you  have assembled your pattern place on fold . There is a 1/4 seam allowance included in the pattern so you don't have to worry about that. You will need to cut out 2 of these.

 I altered my own pattern to make the leggings shorter so they would come just below the knee on Emma if you would like to the same I cut off roughly 3 1/2 to 4 inches  from the bottom up. But  Emma is small so always keep that in mind :)

 Now line  up and pin from the top to the point on each side. DO NOT SEW PASS THE POINT!

I used these stitches on my machine. The 08 is a over locking (I believe that is right )stretch stitch and  that is what I used for all my seams. The 02 is a  straight stretch stitch. and I used it in junction with my seams ( to just be sure no holes will  happen in  my seams) and on my hems and the finishing on my elastic, which you will see soon.
If you do not have these stitches on your machine the zig-zag stitch will work just as well.

Once you have sewn down to the point on both sides you will match up your seams from front to back. See starting to look like pants now huh!
Make sure you line up the bottom hems and the seams that is in the middle of your pants.  Pin and sew.

  Measure out your elastic. I simply placed it around Emma's waist and added an inch for sewing it together. I made a box with a line from one corner to the other. Once your done, fold your elastic in half and mark with pins where your elastic is folded. I placed the square on the seam so it would be the back of the pants. Then fold in half the other way to and place pins where the fold is.  These will be your guide points to where to place it on your pants.

Use a Zig-zag stitch or the  08 stitch that I mentioned before and stitch the elastic and top to of the pants together. As you sew you are going to want to stretch the elastic as  you sew.

Fold over your elastic and top stitch the elastic down. I did it on just the edge. Again you are going to want to stretch the elastic  and fabric as you sew.
 If you wish place a tag so you can tell the front from the back. I did not I just feel for the little box I made in the elastic and put that in the back when dressing her. :)


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions please just ask I will help in any way I can. :)


Now  some pictures of Emma wearing them. I made another Izzy Top From Climbing the Willow. I just loved how it turned out AM helped me pick out the fabric. I just fell in love with these flowers. It was such beautiful fabric. I had trouble finding the matching pink fabric to go with it and AM found and convinced me it would work perfectly. And he was right it did!
I added some inches on the shirt and turned it into a high low and I loved how it turned out!


  The button is on I had in my stash I got from my grandmother a while back and it matched perfectly! Love it!



 She is so silly lol She was making faces at me and this is the one I got a picture of.
I lined it like I lined her other Izzy shirt I made her.
Up Close isn't it so cute!



Well that is it from me. Even though it is just the beginning of summer I'm already eyeing out the Halloween fabric hahaha. I like summer alright ,but fall and winter are my favorite times of the year. Because it take me so long to cool off once I get hot. hahaha


As always,
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!



I will be linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...