TABS

Monday, September 2, 2013

This To That!

Hello,Hello,Hello!
 This is my first this to that...or refashion. Which ever. It was fun to do and took me fooooooor ever to get it on here. This project I've been working on off and on, here and there. I wore it to my sister's (Beecee's) birthday party before I was truly finished with it. Hahaha. All I had to do at that point was put the button on the top.Then later I wanted to add pockets so I took my time doing that. 

Now, this isn't going to be a tutorial like I had said before here,but it is sort of a pocket tutorial. I'm not making it a tutorial on how I did the dress because 1: I didn't take enough pictures and  2: It was super hard to explain with out all of them. Plus I made sure I made all the mistakes I could. :-D


I've had this dress for a couple of years.( I really love the retro look.... just not on me. Or at least not now anyway) And I liked it at one point. When I bought this dress it was tight on me. Now it's loose and frumpy looking(which is good!). Well to me it looks like that,anyway. 
 I then decided one day I was going to do something else with it. I had originally planned to make Emma something with it. Then I was looking around on some blogs and found some really cool dress refashions. I thought I'd give that go. Plus, I had also been wanting a skirt. Whats better then a polka dot skirt!I can dress it up or down. So it works out pretty good for me! 
What do you think? 
I like it! I still need to take it in some but I'm not going to do that until I loose some more weight (which I've been slacking on).

Now I'll show you the pocket tutorial.

 I used the top part of the dress and cut out a pockety shape.
 I cut off the point and cut the seam open.
I put my skirt on and marked on the side seams were I wanted the top of the pocket to start.

 I then lined up the one side of the pocket ,right sides together, then cut in to the seam the same width of the top of the pocket. Sew right sides together.

 Doing the same to the other side.
 Pulling both sides through to the inside. Then place right sides together and sew around the edge with a 1/4th seam allowance. Make sure to finish the edge with a zig zag or a serger. Don't want any holes in your new pockets!
Do steps above to the other side and you're done!

I really enjoy my new skirt! Even more so with pockets!

Let me know how you like it! I love it!





While I'm here chit-chatin'  away at you I wanted to show you what I got the other day at Jo-ann's! I was so excited for my first trip there. We don't have on here were I live but we drove an hour away to get Lex school stuff before school started. (For clothes and what not) And they had a Jo-ann's out there.  I talk A.m into driving me to it an, extra 20-30 minutes away, hahaha. Well the first address I entered took us to freaking Hobby Lobby. Which was weird. So I tried again and we finally found it.  Oh I was so excited!!!!!  This is what I got plus some jersey needles for my machine.


 I'm going to be making an apron with these! 
LOVE  Halloween!
 The top one was in the clearance the bottom was full price but! but! I had a coupon! Well, two in fact and I got extra 20% off my whole purchase plus 40% off one full priced item! Awesome!


I'm going to be make a sewing machine cover with this one. I don't Have one yet and this was on sale! and I just thought it was super cute and appropriate for such a project. 
It's even has some polka dots! Wooo. Which I didn't notice until I got home with it. So that was a PLUS!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my short pocket tutorial. Sorry it wasn't the one I promised but it's better than nothing! Right?

Now, I just need to jump on the early Halloween project band wagon and find some really good projects to do. With Lex in school I really need to utilize Emma's nap time. Right now that's my work out time. :-D

 As always, 
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!




Ashleigh  

8 comments:

  1. super cute! I love that you added pockets, pockets make everything cuter! =) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think that too. Pockets are awesome!lol
    Have a great day!
    -Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing love the idea - keep up the good work - let your imagination open the doors to allow all the creativity to flow from you -- it makes a wonderful life for you and everyone in your world - g-mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you G-Mom! I'm trying with the imagination. Really hard! Some times it hard to come by, other's it just wont shut up 'til I get it down on paper. hahaha Love ya!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete
  4. The skirt turned out so CUTE!! What a great way to make an old outfit new again! :) I LOVE the fabric you bought to make a sewing machine cover! I totally want to do the same now! Good luck making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will need all the luck making my sewing machine cover lol!
      :-)

      Delete
  5. Adorable! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...