TABS

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Late Recipe.

Sorry I'm late on this recipe. I was feel like crap for most of the day, but I'm better today.
So today's recipe is a white cake I actually got off of allrecipes.com but altered it a 
little bit. This cake is good and not to sweet. Really good paired with a cream cheese frosting. To me it taste like these cookies my grandmother makes. Which are awesome! 

White Cake
What you'll need:

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (half a stick)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 table spoon vanilla extract( Now since I use the imitation vanilla I used a table spoon full, but if you use the real stuff you might want cut it down to 2 teaspoons. I heard before- not sure if its true or not- that when you use the real vanilla extract its stronger than imitation.)
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour. ( Measure then sift)
  • 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  •  3/4 cup milk ( original called for 1/2 cup milk but I add an extra 1/8 - 1/4 (can't remember sorry) to that and I can't do math so I'm just going to say it was probably a total of 3/4. Or just Do 1/2 cup. and add more if needed cause 1/2 made it really thick batter and you want it kind of thin but not to thin.)




Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour a 9x9 cake pan/ muffin pan. or you can use the cupcake liners.




 In medium bowl cream together butter sugar
 Beat in eggs one at a time.
 Stir in the vanilla
In separate bowl  sift the flour and then add the baking powder.   stir together gently with fork.

In the picture I sifted a half cup at a time in to my mixture because I only wanted to use one bowl and I had  already made this recipe before and didn't see the need in having another bowl.  

If you want to do that sift together a half cup of flour at a time, between each half cup mix it together. In one of your half cups flour add your baking powder.






Then add your milk little at a time beating well until mixture is creamy.




























Pour or spoon into pan or cupcake pan.
In the picture I used two small loaf pans I got from Michaels and then three large cup cakes.
Bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven.
for cup cakes 20-25 minutes.
Cake is done when it springs back to the touch or insert tooth pick /knife and it comes out clean. 
Also one more thing I didn't flour the pan I just used a non-stick spray worked just fine for me but then again I didn't want to remove mine from my loaf pans.




Here's one of them finished. I made a cream cheese icing to go with it.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy....especially with a cream cheese icinf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Very good! If you try it out let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! The recipe is really close to the cookie one. I have that if you want it. It is in that little yellow and red cookbook. Daddy's cheesecake is in there too!(not to mention a couple of great casseroles that your mommy invented. LMAO

    I love you, missy.

    yo momma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casseroles... yuck! I think you have scared Beecee and me for life on the word casseroles and actual casseroles. HAHAHAHA

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...