TABS

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Recipe Tuesday!

Hello All! So, for dinner last night I made one of A.m's(Allan) favorite chicken recipes. You know the one that it the Mayo commercials(Hellmann's) with the chicken and the bread crumbs that looks really good?...  Well, that's the one and today I'd thought I'd share it with you. Calling today 
Recipe Tuesday!  


For starters preheat your oven to 400*F ( I believe the regualr recipe calls for 450 But I turn it down and cook it for 30 to 35 minutes instead of the 20 it calls for)


While it's preheating I throw about 8 slices of Italian bread in there to they get nice and toasty for bread crumb making. Now you don't have to do this. If you can find a package of bread crumbs at the store. More power to you. : ) But see as i can never find them I make my own and I know there is no garlic in these since I can't eat it. : )
Not sure how long it takes I'll say about 10 minuts and about half way through I flip them. But I go off how they smell(odd I know) But it works. You can also just keep checking them. This is what they should look when toasted. You can make them more toasted if needed.
While that's usually cooking I go ahead and mix about  1 cup Mayo.  I use the Canola mayo Cause it doesn't have soy or garlic but you don't have to. And about 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Now you don't have to use the kind in the jar like I do you can get the grated kind but if you do I would recommend putting in a little more than half a cup. That is if you like it cheesy!   
                                     Mix them


 Once mixed should look a  little lumpy. 
 After the bread is done and cooled I get to making bread crumbs. I use a potato masher that works for me but you can use anything from your hands(clean of course) to a rolling pin in a plastic bag)
 Warning: the crumbs Might fly. : )

 I normally use chicken tenders but the actually recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken breast but this is usually what I have on hand. So you lay those out on the  pan. 
 Begin to cover them. If you like mayo you can slab it on there real thick if you want if not so much than just make sure you have enough to cover the chicken and for the bread crumbs to stick.

 A.m(Allan) likes it thick. (Not half way through I had to make more mixture. Because I just eye ball how much usually and this time I didn't make enough.)
 Sprinkle the bread crumbs but be sure they are nice and covered.
 This is after 30 minutes baking. I serve it with rice(Duh hahaha) and some veggie such as green beans or so. 
 Hope you enjoyed this Recipe Tuesday!
                                                 Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...