TABS

Monday, February 24, 2014

My take on the Izzy top

Yep, like the title says, this is my take on the Izzy top By Climbing the willow. (Fabulous blog you should check it out!)  I found this a while back but was unable to print the FREE (YES FREE!) pattern she made. After finally remembering(duh!) my grandmother had a printer I ask if I could use it to print off a couple of free patterns to try out.  Luckly she said yes! 

So, this my first ever PDF patten ever and so far my favorite! Might even be my "go to" pattern ,if you will.  She gave really good instructions and the pattern also comes in sizes 18 months -5 and  6-12 in girls! I can make Emma tons of these as she grows!  I'm so glad I found this! Plus, I love free! But you already knew that. 

The material I used I got on sale at Hobby Lobby. I believe it was 2 weeks before Valentine's day and the hearts were the very few choices I had left. I had another one pick out, It was little tiny red hearts on a white back ground, then I saw this and decided that I needed to step out of my comfort zone on material choice and pick up something different for me. Not saying this is bad or ugly. Because clearly its not. I just normally would of gone for the other because it was closest to looking like polka dots. ( I really need to do something about that HAHAHA) But if you look close at it, it's got a sort of chevron pattern with the hearts. 

Also,this is not my only post to come I have some catching up to do on the things I made for Lex's class for Valentines day and the heart garland and a cheap decorating thing I found. But those stories are for another time. 

 On to the Show!
 First things first glue or tape your pattern together. I chose glue. I also chose to trace the pattern on another piece of paper so I didn't ruin this one 'cause I'm not able to just print it of if I need it,right now. And not wasting paper and that is good for the environment. Win win. :-)
 The Back! The pants I made as well. They ARE my go to pattern for making her leggings I use this method here. (instead of pajama's I used her leggings)
 Front!
 On Emma!

 I lined the top with the heart material.

  And a heart tab. Unfortunately I didn't have any red buttons
And then the pants I made by them self. Super simple and fun!


 Well I love this out fit I hope you do to! Let me know what you think. But I will say this I might make the chest area, next time, a little smaller. Because Emma is so tiny so that's the only thing that looked big on her. Other then that I LOVE this pattern! 


Have a wonderful day!!




(I was in no way compensated for this post. I just love this pattern and need to share!)



Diana-Rambles

6 comments:

  1. What a cute top! A great look for February too. I think the fit looks great as it is - a nice loose flowing top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I love it too! I'm glad I got it finished before February was over! hahaha
      Have a great day!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! This post is (going to be) featured over at Diana Rambles today and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar or via the link under the features. Thanks for sharing this adorable top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thats so awesome! Thank you!!!!!!!! And thank you so much for hosting! I love your blog!
      -Ashleigh

      Delete
  3. I love this whole outfit. .you did an amazing job... Emma looks so pretty on it..good job ash you are getting to be a pro..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...