TABS

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting Crafty with Pipe cleaners!

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate I hope you had a good day that day!

This last Sunday Allan and I went and got our Christmas tree and ornaments. Which was a really good deal, we got a pre-lit 6 foot tree for 26 bucks! Awesome deal I know! I was so excited!  And a pack of  blue and silver balls that were 4 dollars each. that was pretty good I thought. The blue had 32 and the silver had 24 and the silver were bigger in size.

While I think the tree is pretty with just the balls and lights It still felt a little plain. So, Emma and I went to Micheals. I walked around and looked at all the cool stuff they have. I love just looking at it all. Anyway, I picked up four clear plastic ornaments ( which were 40% Off!) thought each of us could decorate a ball make it our own or something. Then I was walking by the middle isle Christmas area in the make your own crafts or whatever they are called. It's where they have the you take and finish it crafts. They had a pack of three snowmen for a $1.99 or something like that and I was looking at how they were made- which was out of felt and ribbon- and I thought I can make that!  For 58 cents!   Because they have a sheet of felt for 29 cents. So I grabbed two white, two light brown, two dark brown. I thought I could make a couple of reindeer as well. I turned around and they had a whole wall (almost) of different color pipe cleaners. For a pack of 25 of one color it was 99 cents.  Which I thought wasn't bad seeing as in the Christmas area they want for a mixed bag of red, white, and green for $7.99 and it may of had like 50 of each color -probably more- I can't remember how much of each but I'm super cheap and I knew I didn't want that much and I didn't want to pay $7.99 for it. hahahah
Anyway, so I grabbed a bag each or red and white that was the 99 cent ones. The reason being I knew no one would eat the real candy canes I thought about buying so I thought it would be a prefect project for Lex and me. 

With alllllllll that said, on to the candy cane making!!!!!!!!


What you'll need:

  • 2 pipe cleaners
  • 1 red
  • 1 white 




Take each pipe cleaner and fold them in half making sure they are even.



After they are folded take each and twist so they lock together and won't come undone




Then twist them together.



Now been in a Candy cane shape and You have and cute ornament that was cheap. :-)



This is the one Lex made. I asked him to  just hold it up so i could take a picture with him  and  it and he decided to hang it on his nose. Silly boy.


I hope you guys enjoyed this quick and easy ornament. Next time I'll show you the snowman I was talking about. Probably won't  have a picture tutorial  'cause I didn't take pictures as I was making them. But I will take a picture of the finished product. :-)


Well thanks for reading and as always,


Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Thats freaken awesome Ash :) I will have to try that out... I never knew about this blog thing my Mom always talked about it but know i see i see i see what she is talking about... :) Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea ash love you guys and miss u guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! We miss and love you guys too. Hope Cali is treating you guys well!

      Delete
  3. Great idea for those tiny hands - kids love to see their work hanging on their very own tree... g-mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He loved making them. He was so excited when I told him he I had a project for me and him. :-)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...