TABS

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Simple Skirt.

What this?! Two post one day! Yeah soooo unlike  me I know but that will probably mean I won't post for a while again. That's just how I roll. :-)




Anyway, today's tutorial is a simple,simple skirt for your little one.


What you'll need:

  • A Shirt/ Dress that fits you're little one in the waist but not the length.
  • Scissors 
  • Elastic
  • Sew Machine
  • Safety Pin 
  • Pins






This was dress...I think at least. its was a 0-3 months. Made of a jersey material.
Anyway,Cut the top off. The neck line, arm holes, so on and so forth.




Turn inside out.

This is the elastic I used.


Fold side over and use your elastic as a guide. Leaving room to sew the edge. It you have a cotton material or one that will fray, make sure you fold the edge under a little less than 1/4 of an inch if you can.
 


 Pin and sew leaving an opening to insert your elastic.

 If  you have a stretchy material use this stitch.
 The Zig-Zag with a slant to it will let it stretch and still keep its stitches. 

Use your Safety pin and pin one end to help push it through the band you made.

 When Cutting your elastic always add an inch or so to be able to sew the ends together. 
I just used the same Zig-Zag stitch as before and sewed down the middle.
 Adjust your elastic and  sew  your small opening.

It was terrible time trying to get a picture.

This will do.



Hope you like today's Simple tutorial! Let me know! 

Have a Wonderful Day!




Ashleigh

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...